The legionary centre and Late Antiquity town of Novae are in the eastern end of the contemporary town of Svishtov in the Staklen. It is erected on a low plateau, limited on the north by the Danube, and from the south and east – by the small river Dermen dere. Initially the ruins of the Antiquity town entered the field of vision of the French count Luigi Marsili, who described his diplomatic mission of 1691. The first plan by sight and the description of the visible at that time structures are published by K. Skorpil in 1905. The archaeological excavations, conducted for fifty years, lead to the revealing of almost the entire fortification system and some of the main zones of the legionary camp and the Late Antiquity town. The significance of Novae as military and civilian centre in this part of the empire is visible also in the type and the characteristics of the finds, discovered here. Large number of epigraphic material originates from Novae, as well as architectural details and sculptural decoration.