The archaeological site "Ulmetum" is positioned in the central part of Dobrogea, located in the north-western edge of the village Pantelimonu de Sus (Constanta County). The site, representing a Roman-Byzantine fortification, played an important strategical role for the main road of Dobrogea, protecting the transport of goods and merchants. Over time, especially in the late nineteenth century, several inscriptions, highly relevant to the history of local communities, were saved. The beginning of Ulmetum archaeological research works is marked by the great archaeologist and historian Vasile Parvan. During 1911-1914, he performed four successive excavation campaigns. Between 1914 and 2004 any systematic archaeological research at Ulmetum were not carried out. However, through some of the discoveries made, the city still presented interest for the scientist of this field. Only since 2004, the archaeological research in Ulmetum has restarted, aiming to clarify the stratigraphy of the fortification.